Friday, March 07, 2014
Thursday, March 06, 2014
Melinda, the owner of Ledbelly, has always loved vintage and it was her own growing collection that prompted her to start the shop. Her showroom is filled with a curated collection of dresses, jewelry, purses, scarves and everything wonderful!
I mean, really? How perfect is this display?! I love everything about it!
Wednesday, March 05, 2014
Tuesday, March 04, 2014
Monday, March 03, 2014
Sunday, March 02, 2014
|• This is part of my Happy Day, daily drawing project! Check out the first post for more info. •|
Also, I have to mention that today is also Texas Independence Day!
Saturday, March 01, 2014
- Jessica, of How About Orange, shared a really great website that teaches you how to knit. My brain has always rejected knitting as something I could never do, plus I like to have one hand free in case I need to battle, but maybe this site will help me actually learn. It'll never help with the battle readiness, though.
- With two cats in the house that love eating plants, I can't have real flowers, but this Design*Sponge round-up of paper flowers can brighten a space without making your cats barf.
- How to arm knit a scarf in 20 minutes. A scarf that's comically large AND quick to make? Yes. Maybe I'll add some arm-knit scarves to next winter's collection!
- I'd love to make a giant, circulur pink version of this pom-pom rug. Or black and white...so good.
- Rachel shared a simple way to decorate your boring planters. Because everyone needs more pink and glitter in their lives.
Stuff to Wear
- I'm a total Harry Potty fangirl so this Luna Lovegood glasses ring is everything good. I drew the same glasses for Peculiar People Day this year!
- I cannot wait for March 3rd, because these Sailor Moon hoodies are a necessity. I've just started reading the manga and I looove it ^_^
- It's about time to start thinking about sandals in Austin. I love the fat, clean lines of this pair.
- Give me everything spicy all the time. Emma's Pepper Jack Bites look so yummy!
- Thin Mint S'mores! It's a combination of the two greatest things that have ever been in your mouth.
- The existence of Puppy Chow Popcorn has totally blown my mind.
- Oh...and S'mores Pie. Because S'mores.
Stuff to Read
Stuff from TPS this Week
- Shauna's Link Love features are always filled with gold. She shared this piece about how to photograph in low-light and the advice is spot-on.
- Gertie wrote a review of Seams Unlikely, Nancy Zieman's autobiography and I can't wait to read the book. Nancy has always been in my home, authoring whole shelves of my sewing books and on TV when I was younger.
- Full disclosure, I haven't listened to this yet, but I really really want to!
Stuff from TPS this Week
- This week was quiet, but I did share a gigantic post of all of the vintage, thrift and antique stores I've been to in Austin. It's a big list.
- And it was Curling is Cool Day, Tortilla Chip Day, Chocolate-Covered Peanut Day, Levi Strauss Day, Strawberry Day, Tooth Fairy Day, and Pig Day. It was a strange and diverse week for holidays haha!
Check out more Fun Stuff articles here! But only if you really like making stuff, geeky things and eating lots of S'mores.
Friday, February 28, 2014