<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: DIY Cat Stamp T-Shirt

The Pink Samurai

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

DIY Cat Stamp T-Shirt

Cat Ladies Unite!  I've been inspired by a lot of the cat clothing that's been popping up lately, but I'm picky about my cat silhouettes, so I decided to make something.  I draw cats all the time so I knew exactly the shape I wanted.  This is a pretty simple stamping technique that will have you wanting to stamp everything you own with cats!  Also, when I typed "Cat Stamp T-shirt" I sang to the tune of "Cat Scratch Fever"...so there's that.

Make it!
  1. Gather your supplies!
  2. Set aside your block, foam squares, scissors, and sharpie
  3. Draw your design on the foam squares and cut them out.
  4. Peel off the backing and adhere to the wooden block. 
  5. Use a brush to apply to the fabric paint to the stamp.  Apply it liberally!
  6. Stamp your shirt.  I started on the back to get a feel for it, but definitely have a scrap of fabric to try your first couple of stamps.  And I didn't worry about keeping the color even, I liked the texture it made.  But you can always go back over the stamped portion and fill in any gaps with a paint brush.
I really love how it came out.  I didn't stamp my sleeves because I knew this would be a shirt that I would wear under layers, but definitely stamp yours if you feel the urge.  The cool thing is, now I've got a stamp I can use for scarves, hoodies, journals, wood boxes...really anything that can have paint on it haha.  And, since the blocks have six sides, you can use the one block to hold a few different stamps.  I'll definitely be using the other shapes pictured, soon!  What would you stamp?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love a good cat lady shirt! Awesome idea :)

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger RebeccaHoot said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

 
At 3:01 AM , Anonymous crystal said...

does the paint last through washes?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home