<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: August in Review

The Pink Samurai

Friday, September 06, 2013

August in Review

August was one of the most full months of my life!  No lie.  So many good things came out of this time in my life.  And I think a lot of that was seen here, on the blog, during the month.  Here's some of what went on last month!

Thrifty Thursdays
I found SO MANY awesome shops this month!  Thrifty Chicks Vintage, Antique Marketplace, Hog Wild Vintage, Room Service Vintage and Ermine Vintage.  I'm absolutely blown away by the amazing vintage shops in Austin.  Just can't get enough!


Land of 10,000 Mosquitos
I did an outfit post! What?!  See that sweet blogger pose?  I really did love how this shoot came out, and that I was modeling a DIYed vintage shirt and some cut-off jeans from years ago.  I like seeing folks in clothes that I know they actually wore.

TxSC
The Texas Style Council this year was full of learning and breaking out of my shell.  I recapped the hell out of it after the fact, so if you're an aspiring blogger, feel free to check out my notes!  I can't wait for next year.

Blogcademy
More blogging fun!  Where TxSC was a big conference of bloggers, Blogcademy was an intimate and in-depth look at content and business with personal advice from three of the most successful bloggers out there.  These ladies are the best!
iphone photo by Jessica Monnich
Lasagna Cupcakes
Kristen shared a yummy Lasagna Cupcake recipe with us!

How to Stop Biting your Nails
I talked about how I stopped a really bad habit.

Favorite Vintage Instagrams
A quick peek at some of my favorite instagram profiles that feature lots of vintage goodness.

Favorite Daily Drawings
I'll be rounding up the whole month's drawings in the next few days, but I wanted to pull out my three favorites.  8/2 was the day of the TxSC clothing swap and drew my scores.  8/16 was staring Turks the bad kitten.  And 8/29 was a collaboration with Andy (he drew the dying mosquito) because I'd been in an epic battle with multiple mosquitos that had gotten into the apartment.





Thanks so much for joining me during this crazy month!  I hope you've had fun and maybe learned something, or found something new ^_^ Here's to an equally full September!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Austin is fo'sho on my USA list to visit especially after starting to read your blog! <3

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger Becky Pool said...

I'm so glad, Emilie! You'll have to give me a shout when you make it over!

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger Becky Pool said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home