<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Lasagna Cupcakes by Kristen

The Pink Samurai

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lasagna Cupcakes by Kristen

Eep!  My wonderful friend Kristen from Fork, Knife and Spoon is here to share a yummy recipe today!  I'm not the best in the kitchen, though my Grandmom always said, "If you can read, you can cook."  Kristen's always been very supportive of me learning to be a better cook (and scolding me for buying frozen grilled chicken...I'll never forget that!  But I do have a habit of baking real chicken now and it's delicious...so you win!)  I'm so happy she whipped up this recipe just for us ^_^  Take it away, Kristen!

LASAGNA CUPCAKES

Yes, that’s right I said lasagna cupcakes and may I say, they were delicious!
When my dear friend Becky asked me to do a blog post/recipe for her, I knew I had to come up with something good! Who doesn’t love lasagna or cupcakes for that matter?  This post is my ode to my love of Italian food and lasagna for that matter.  It’s a classic dish but with a spin! It’s actually a perfect dish to serve when you’ve got company over! It looks like you spent hours trying to put them together but it really doesn’t take much time at all! I was inspired after watching the food network this weekend when I saw a recipe for lasagna cupcakes but I decided to take a more traditional route to the recipe that I saw and this is what I got!
I got 12 lasagna cupcakes out of the recipe, just enough to fill 1 cupcake tin. You can always cut the recipe in half if you aren’t trying to feed an army! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Becky, this one’s for you!

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of wonton wrappers (you will need 48 for 12 cupcakes)
  • 1/2 lb sausage with skins removed or already packaged without skin
  • 1-2 jars of tomato sauce or you can make your own tomato sauce if you have a recipe
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella
  • 3/4 cup of  grated parmesan
  • 3/4 cup of ricotta
  • 1 tsp of salt and pepper
  • 1 cupcake/ muffin tin
Directions:
  • Remove sausage from casing and sauté on stove in a medium skillet until no longer pink making sure to break up the pieces as much as you can. In a medium sauce pot add tomato sauce and sausage and cook together until your sauce is heated through (unless using your own recipe like I did).

For the cheese filling:
  • In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta, 3/4 cup of the mozzarella, parmesan, salt and pepper.
To begin assembling cupcakes:
  • spray inside of cupcake tin with cooking spray. Lay 1 wonton on bottom of each cup. Spoon 1 tsp of meat sauce in each cup and then add 1 tsp of the cheese filling and then cover with another wonton. Turn the top wonton about 90 degrees so the corners are opposite of the one beneath it.  Repeat these steps until you have 3 layers, when you have the last wonton layered spoon a little more meat sauce over top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and a pinch of parmesan. I recommend covering as much of the top wonton wrapper with sauce as much as possible.  The edges will crisp  when baked.
  • Place in oven with a cookie sheet underneath to catch any sauce or cheese that drips over. Bake for 20 min.  Let them sit for about 10 minutes before trying to eat, they’ll be super hot! They should come out of the cupcake tin pretty easily.
  • Finally serve and enjoy!!

 
Thank you so so so much for sharing this recipe with us, Kristen!  Don't forget to check out her blog and see all the other delicious things she makes.  I can personally attest to the ridiculousness of these.  And I've spent a lot of time thinking about these...like an obnoxious amount of time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home