<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Thrifty Thursday: Antique Marketplace

The Pink Samurai

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Antique Marketplace





Antique Marketplace
website
address : 5806 Burnet Rd., Austin, TX 78756
hours :  Monday - Saturday: 10am - 6pm | Sunday: 12pm - 6pm



I stopped by Antique Marketplace this week as I was exploring Burnet Rd.  This stretch of road is chock full of great thrifting and antiques (Like Top Drawer Thrift, Out of the Past, and Second Hand), and this is a great spot to add to the list.  It's very open and bright when you walk in.  There's a variety of booths, it's consignment shop model with individual vendor booths. And while some of the booths might not have a lot of inventory, others are stuffed to the brim.  Each of the vendors has some seriously awesome stuff, too.  I recommend a couple of walk throughs here so you don't miss any of the fun hidden treasures!

When you first walk in, you're greeted with giant cabinets full of jewelry and a long hallway booths.  I always get really excited at this part...when it's time to just dive in!
Always a sucker for vintage embroidery.
And I just noticed that mid-century coffee table to the right.  We've been looking for one and I hope that's still there!
There's lots of variety in this shop, too.  This isn't my personal style, but this booth is so well curated that I know folks who love shabby chic and a few frills in their life, will love it!
Andy and I had this joke for a long time after our wedding that we didn't need more dishware.  We bought everything for the wedding, so we had tons of vintage dishes just sitting around.  But we got rid of a lot of during the move...sooooo...I  need these.
Look at the detail on this cabinet!  You just don't see craftsmanship like this now in modern pieces.
How great is this type desk?!  I had one like it for my bitty garden last summer, but we left it behind in the move too.  I just love the shape.  Also that couch is everything good.
Be sure to check every little nook in this shop!  I found this hiding in the back right corner and just love the display.
There were a couple of Avon Small World perfume bottles in the back of the shop.  I kind of want to start collecting them.  They're just so precious!  And remind of me Kitschy Digitals ^_^
I cannot express to you how much I love everything about this photo.
I wish I knew more about these boxes.  There's were bunches of them with different carvings and labels.  I thought the flowers on this one were just breathtaking.
This booth was probably my favorite.  Mid-century fun!  I'll take the cat, the table, the tree wallhanging...
...the chairs, the panther, the ice buckets, and the scalloped backdrop.  My aunt says I was born in the wrong decade ^_^
How wonderful is this wallhanging?!  I need more walls.  That's all there is to it.

For icing on the cake, when I stopped by, Nora and Mary Elizabeth at the front desk and were so friendly!  A welcoming atmosphere is very important to me when I visit any local business and these ladies were so nice.  Definitely stop by this shop when you're exploring Burnet Rd.  You will not be disappointed!


/// If you've got any shops you love, or own, that you'd like me to feature, just shoot a
note over to becky@thepinksamurai with the name, website/facebook, and a few things you love about it, I'd love to take a look!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM , Blogger nicole s. said...

i LOVE the antique marketplace! i can spend hours in there just looking at things. i love how each little cubicle is a different world with a different feel. i like to go through and be a different person in each. someday i'm going to buy up all the quilts and make a lovely living room fort.

xo nicole
writeslikeagirlblog.com

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Becky Pool said...

You are so right, Nicole! I just happened in because it was the closest shop I could find while I was out...I'm so glad I found it! There was definitely a pink quilt in one of the booths that I loved.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home