<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Thrifty Thursday: Amelia's Retro-Vogue & Relics

The Pink Samurai

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Amelia's Retro-Vogue & Relics




Amelia's Retro-Vogue & Relics
address : 2213 S. 1st St., Austin, TX 78704
hours :  Tuesday - Saturday: 12pm - 6pm 



Earlier this week, I hit up South 1st Street for a little vintage scouting.  I knew there were three shops right next to each other, which is great for me because it's easy to shoot them, and awesome for you because you can just park and hop around to visit all of them in one visit!  The first shop I'm highlighting is Amelia's Retro-Vogue and Relics.  When I stopped in, Amelia was there!  She was so fun and welcoming.  We talked about thrift vs vintage, and how much we love Texas.  Did you know that Amelia's is the oldest vintage shop in Austin that's been owned by one person?  She's been selling vintage in Austin since the early 80s! So. Legit.

Check this wonderful vintage boutique:
I parked along the side and came in through the back porch.  It's full of fun outdoor furniture and signage.  And a sweet cat!
Amelia's was on the list of stops for the TxSC thrifting trip.  
When I walked in, I could hear Amelia chatting with some customers.  The atmosphere was very homey and welcoming.  And there was stuff everywhere!
The hallway that leads to the front of the shop is lined with vintage photographs and ephemera on one side, and beautiful scarves and belts on the other.
There was a positively romantic counter in the front room.  I didn't notice the note on the mirror until I was editing the photos.  How sweet!
One of my favorite things about this shop is the displays.  They're all very thoughtfully curated with careful attention to color, composition, and texture.  I think this attention to detail really sets some shops apart from the others.  It's just another extension of their brand.
Amelia's selection is very curated.  The inventory is high quality and from what I could tell, a lot of it was 60s and earlier.  There's some really unique pieces here!

I'm a sucker for vintage luggage.
And the jewelry!
I mean, really?  I'll just take the lot, thanks.


The atmosphere of Amelia's is inviting and relaxed.  Everywhere you turn in the cozy house, there's something new to see.  They've got a large selection of truly vintage clothing, accessories and jewelry.  If you're into the older stuff, this is the place for you. And if you can't make it out the shop for some terrible reason (because everyone needs to visit and/or live in Texas), Amelia's does have a shop on Etsy, so be sure to check it out and buy everything.  I'm in love with this evening bag / cosmetic's case right now.   I highly recommend you visit Amelia's.  It's an Austin treasure.


/// If you've got any shops you love, or own, that you'd like me to feature, just shoot a note over to becky@thepinksamurai with their website/facebook, and why you like it, I'd love to take a look!!!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Becky!
I am so glad you enjoyed your Amelia's experience. It was a delight to meet you, and now find your blog! So much fun to explore all the fun and creative things you are up to. I knew we shared a strong aesthetic just from your wonderful photos.
I hope you find your way back again soon; maybe next weekend : We are havering a Big Backyard Sale, with several vendors clearing their overflow out...including us!
Sept.21 ( and possibly the 20th and 22nd, just call to find out) .
See you soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home