<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Thrifty Thursday: Charm School Vintage

The Pink Samurai

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Charm School Vintage






Charm School Vintage
address : 2109 E. Cesar Chavez, Austin, TX 78702
hours :  Tuesday - Saturday: 11pm - 7pm | Sunday: 12pm - 6pm



We're popping away from South Congress this week and heading East to Charm School Vintage.  I started following them on Instagram recently because their feed was filled with awesome vintage finds that they actually sell straight from their feed!  The owner, Shari Gerstenberger, is also a stylist and art director, so she's got an impeccable eye for fun pieces.  I've bought a few things on Instagram before and I'm totally kicking myself for not getting this silk kitten robe when they featured it.  My own personal regrets aside, this shop is super cute and you should follow them all over the internets.  

Now for photos!
I just saw that they're updating the driveway and adding a ramp to the front of the shop.  The added accessibility is something that not a lot of vintage shops in the area have.  And when I was there, the parking was pretty cramped so I'm excited to see how the new project turns out!
Once I popped inside, I was immediately drawn to the displays.  It's a very small space and they made the most of the vertical height to display shoes, hats, accessories and home decor above the clothing racks.  All the displays are very thoughtfully put together with a variety of textures and unique arrangements.  Check out the vertically displayed shoes in boxes on the top right.  So cool.
The selection is diverse and very highly curated.  Shari's style is easily seen in the blending of decades and a focus on pattern and texture.
Don't miss the little details as you're gawking at the clothes!
Some SouthWest style is busting through with these belts.  Check out those great buckles.  Maybe someday I'll learn how to wear a belt other than a skinny one with a dress and skirt :P
This is the back half of the shop.  The clothing is displayed by color and I was drawn to the black section.  Always so chic and simple, you can hardly go wrong with any of the black in your closet.  Charm School Vintage has a great collection of LBDs.
Kittens!  The way to my heart is always kittens.
I'm sorry I missed Shari when I stopped in a few weeks ago, but the owner of the wig shop called Coco Coquette (in the back of the shop) was so sweet.  Along with Coco Coquette's selection of wigs and make up, there's also a hair salon, Maison d'Etoile, that shares the space.  Check out their mission statement here.  I love that they combine trades to create a whole package of style!

Definitely stop by Charm School Vintage sometime and check out Shari's shop ^_^ You might even end up on her Instagram feed!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home