<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Thrifty Thursday • Blue Velvet

The Pink Samurai

Thursday, December 05, 2013

Thrifty Thursday • Blue Velvet





Blue Velvet
address : 217 W. North Loop, Austin, TX 78751
hours :  Monday - Saturday: 11pm - 8pm | Sunday: 11pm - 7pm



The North Loop area is becoming one of my most favorite spots in Austin to do vintage shopping.  After stopping in Ermine and Room Service earlier this summer, I drove past Blue Velvet and couldn't believe there was another shop that looked just as cool as the ones I'd just visited!  Austin never ceases to amaze me.  There are so many cool, local businesses!  

I finally got a chance to hop back down that way and popped in Blue Velvet just as they were decorating for the holidays.  I couldn't resist getting a couple of things and must have gone around the whole store at least three or four times.  Check out the photos!

Their jewelry packaging is so great!  Everything about this shop just screams vintage and handmade.  So it's pretty much everything I love.
That's Jennifer, the shop's owner, in the back moving things around and getting Blue Velvet ready for the holidays.  I couldn't believe how much stuff they were able to squeeze in this little shop!
See?  There's plenty of men's and women's clothing.  Lots of tutus, jewelry, tchochskes, boots, shoes, hats...you get the point ^_^
The scarf wall was impressive and I definitely had to restrain myself.  It didn't work, though.  I had to get a couple of them.  There was nothing I could do.
And, really? Who can resist vintage sewing patterns?
Ugly Christmas sweaters!  Seriously...there were at least four racks full of the tackiest sweaters I've ever seen.  If you're in Austin and in need of an award-winning ugly sweater, get your buns in this store immediately!

Blue Velvet is a small shop that's stuffed to the gills with great vintage finds.  There's a huge variety in their quirky, curated inventory and I adored the welcoming, homey feeling of the eclectic decor and styling.  I'm definitely making Blue Velvet a regular on my shop rotation...which is great for my wardrobe but not so great on my pocket book haha!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM , Blogger Sarah Mann said...

THOSE SWEATERS *_* I'm such a sucker for the ugly ones.

What a neat little shop!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home