<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Exploring Austin • Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center

The Pink Samurai

Friday, November 15, 2013

Exploring Austin • Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center

This week, I popped to South Austin to visit the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.  I'm pretty sure I visited when I was in school, many moons ago.  I'd been wanting to stop by since we moved down here.  Texas wildflowers so beautiful and we're lucky enough to have a mild Fall, so lots of flowering plants are still giving us blossoms into November.

Firstly, can we talk about how I SAW A ROADRUNNER?!  It was actually running across the road!!! Like thisclose to me!  He was the first thing I saw when I got out of the car and I starting taking pictures like a madwoman.  SO COOL!
The grounds are so beautiful.  Made of stone, much of the entry way looks like ruins.
I just went on one trail that day.  All the trails are lined with stones and covered with gravel.  The park is adamant about you staying on the path to avoid any run ins with snakes.  I agree with their sentiment. 

One lonely Mexican Hat.
We get a little bit of Fall color here!

There was a light breeze that day as the sun was going down.  The sound of the wind through these prairie grasses was just heaven.
The scraggliest tress around.  

I absolutely adore the Texas Hill Country.  It's just the most beautiful place on the planet.  Being outside in the chilly wind with the warm sun and total quiet was just breath-taking.  I can't wait to check out more of the trails!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home