<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Thrifty Thursday • Modern Salvage

The Pink Samurai

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thrifty Thursday • Modern Salvage




Modern Salvage
address : 7718 Springdale Rd., Austin, TX 78724
hours :  Sunday - Saturday: 11am - 6pm 



In my never ending quest for all the mid-century furniture I can fit in my home, I found my way over to Modern Salvage.  The only photos I'd seen of the space were of individual pieces of inventory, so I wasn't really sure what to expect when I stopped by.  When I pulled up to a giant warehouse, I got so excited to dig in!

I was not disappointed.  The selection was half vintage boutique, half thrift store.  There were general sections of furniture, clothing and housewares, but it's a free-for-all outside of that.  But as a veteran thrifter, I was up to the challenge.

I totally forgot to grab those two vintage needlecraft books, so no one else go in and get them, ok?

Vinyl!  How great is it when you find a cache of vintage records when we weren't expecting?  There was guy combing through them when I first showed up and he had a copy of Huey Lewis and the News's Sports album.  So awesome!  Also, did you know that when you visit Huey Lewis's website it auto-plays sweet jams?  Also awesome! 

The furniture pricing varied widely, but I didn't see anything over 1k when I was there.  I didn't look closely at everything, but I was pleasantly surprised by how affordable some of the pieces were.

This and the photo above were my favorite things from the whole store.  Vintage Singers get me every time.  And the same things stands as with the above books...don't pick these up before I can! Haha!


Modern Salvage is a bit out of the way from the rest of the vintage scene in Austin, but what it lacks in convenience it makes up for in selection.  Mid-century furniture, vintage vinyl and heaps of other thrifty treasures make this a really fun destination spot. 



Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:49 AM , Blogger Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Looks like a great place! Makes me wish I could pop in for a visit too:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home