<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Austin Crafternoon • Umba

The Pink Samurai

Monday, February 10, 2014

Austin Crafternoon • Umba

Along with the making and swapping that was going on at Crafternoon, Jamie, our Austin representative for Umba was there with all of their handmade goodies.  Umba is a company that's all about handmade.  They curate monthly boxes of mystery products, called UmbaBox, and also have hosts, called Umbassadors, all across the country that sell they're products in homes.  They've got a great eye for choosing indie designers and all of the products they pick really reflect Umba's branding.
Jamie was so fun and super creative with her set up and made this adorable display to welcome everyone in.
The space I rented for Crafternoon had this gorgeous penny bar with shelves underneath that we used to their full potential.  
How adorable are those bitty moccasins?!
I thought Jamie did an amazing job with her displays.  The penny bar and handmade goods together just felt so fun and Austin ^_^
I actually had the chance to meet Lauren Thorp, the founder and CEO of Umba when she visited my booth at Crafty Bastards a couple of years ago.  We've talked about handmade on the steps of the National Portrait Gallery and she's given me wonderful advice about starting new businesses after I moved to Texas.  Lauren's the real deal and so is her company!  I'm always about supporting handmade and indie businesses and so glad that Umba could be a part of Crafternoon!

PS: I love the tea towels that I bought ^_^  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home