<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: The Best Reason to Drop Everything and Visit San Marcos, Texas Right Now

The Pink Samurai

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

The Best Reason to Drop Everything and Visit San Marcos, Texas Right Now

Paper Bear!

Welcome to my childhood!  I've written about this amazing place before, but those posts were in the context of yearly visits when I lived on the East Coast.  Now that we're in Austin, I get to go whenever I want!

Paper Bear is a little shop in Downtown San Marcos and has the most ecclectic, fun inventory of toys, gag gifts, general kitsch and lots of jewelry and home decor.  I'm still lamenting that it had to down size, but they managed to fit everything good into the smaller space.  It's definitely worth a trip out!

I might have giggled way too long about Fanny Rosebottoms haha!

Follow the yellow brick road to the kid's section and always pick up something silly from the bins.  When I was little I would get to pick a couple of little things every time we visited.  I still have some of the little plastic necklaces and paper fans that were my favorites.

Yesssss.

Now, when you're visiting, be sure to hop down the street to Gil's Broiler for a Hickory Burger and a Manske Roll.  I cannot write enough about Manske Rolls.  MMMMMMMM!

Have you ever been out to this area?  There's a lot more to do in San Marcos, but Paper Bear is definitely my favorite destination ^_^

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home