<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Mount Vernon Antiques

The Pink Samurai

Monday, March 25, 2013

Mount Vernon Antiques

I love old stuff.  Thrift stores, vintage boutiques and antique malls are some of my favorite places to be. I love thinking about the stories behind everything there, who owned it, and if they were someone's favorite treasures.  Plus, now, stuff comes from big box stores.  I mean, I love Target.  But there's a quality of craftsmanship that just isn't the same as it was in the past.  People would buy things that lasted, things that would be repaired instead of replaced.  I like keeping that kind of attitude and appreciation alive.  So!  I've started a collection of places in my area that is ever expanding and I'll be sharing some of my favorites here!



Mount Vernon Antiques
website
address : 8101 Richmond Highway, Alexandria VA 22309 
hours :  Monday–Saturaday: 11am -7pm | Sunday: 12pm - 5pm | Closed Tuesdays





This place is incredible!  They're antique mall and work with a number of dealers.  There's a huge variety of items from Victorian to Mid-Century Modern...little chotchkies to furniture.  Modern Montage is one of my favorite dealers there...they've Danish furniture will probably make you faint a little bit.  I swear I get a little anxiety from how much I want everything they have to offer.

Here's some shots to give you an idea of the...density...of this place ^_^



I'll be sharing more

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home