<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: DIY • Impossible Scarf Three • Free Crochet Pattern

The Pink Samurai

Monday, April 07, 2014

DIY • Impossible Scarf Three • Free Crochet Pattern

Oops!  I made another comically large scarf!

I just can't stop making ridiculous giant scarves / small lap blankets.  You can see the other two here and here.  They're all impossibly big and all three are the second installment of my 1-2-3 Crochet series!  The first installment was really fun and I'm excited to be closing out this second group of scarves.  A consolidated post including all of the Impossible scarves will be up this week, so you can find them all in one place.  So...convenient.

So here's number three!  (After some awkward photos of me in front of all my favorite stuff)

SUPPLIES


DIRECTIONS

  • Chain 27
  • Row 1 - Using your contrasting color, half-double crochet (hdc) in second chain from the hook, hdc in each ch to the end. Ch 2, turn.
  • Row 1 - 52 - Hdc in each stitch till the end, Ch 2, turn
  • Row 53 - Switch to main color and Hdc in each stitch till the end, Ch 2, turn
  • Row 54 - 104 -  Hdc in each stitch till the end, finish and weave in your ends
Full disclosure: I accidentally used a slightly smaller hook for the scarf in this example because the cats lost my favorite hook and I had to get another one, but the store had weirdo hooks that I've never used before and I found what I thought was the right one, but about halfway through I realized it was too small, so I had to add a few more rows of the white to make it long enough.  But the pattern is correct for a giant scarf that's exactly half and half ^_^ The moral of the story is: don't let your cats near your hooks.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:29 PM , Blogger Blytheponytailparades said...

This is completely adorable! Gosh, where I lived, it seems scarf weather will never come to an end :p I've been wearing them a lot still! And I can't help but notice your cute little Blythe doll in the background <3

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home