<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Exploring Texas • Sherwood Forest Faire

The Pink Samurai

Saturday, April 05, 2014

Exploring Texas • Sherwood Forest Faire

Last weekend, Andy and I embarked on a journey down a long dirt road to another era.  An era of turkey legs, jousting and bare-chested barbarians!  Oh yes.  We went to the Ren Fest!  I would go each year in the fall to the one up in Crownsville, Maryland and completely reveled in the experience every time.  It's seriously one of my most favorite places!

I was so stoked to find out that there are two different fairs around the Houston / Austin-ish area and we finally made it to one.  The Sherwood Forest Faire did not disappoint.  It was huge, full of these crazy giant sculptural features and everyone there was so into it.  My favorite thing was just seeing how excited everyone was to be there!

To the photos!
Doctor Who soap!  This was one of the first booths we saw and all their products were hand made.  There was also a bitty goat out front that I loved.
Comically large swing?  Yes.  Tomato Justice?  Also yes.
This group played the sweetest music on traditional Renaissance instruments.
Joust!  You can kind of see, teeny tiny on the left, the knights about pummel each other.  We saw sticks break and fly in the air and a guy with a sack full of turkey legs.  As much as I love a good turkey leg, I draw the line at food from a sack.
Crystals!  There was booth full of rocks and minerals.  Raw stones, some made in to jewelry and all of them needed to come home with me.
There were plenty of costume shops with gorgeous clothing.  I was really impressed with the detail and quality of materials a couple of the booths used.  Absolutely stunning.  They made me want to put together a fancy pink princess outfit ^_^
They've even got a quill and ink shop!  Seriously, this place is awesome.  I didn't think any fair could be as cool as the one in Maryland, but I really loved the vibe of this place and the fact that they have a mini Stonehenge, Arthur's round table, a working mill and a replica castle where you can get married.  Of course, I was too busy excitedly running around gawking to take pictures of everything, but I promise it's all really impressive.  I can't wait till it opens back up for next season!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:01 PM , Blogger Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

What a fun post! I've been reading a books set at a faire and have been wanting to go to one for ages! I looked it up and there's one in 2 weeks, might just go this year. It's been a dream since I was a kid!

 
At 11:25 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Looks like you had a great time and you have some great photos too! :). We have a renaissance festival in Hammond, Louisiana in February. I've been once and it was terrific! My sons like to go to it and they have been several times. I love that Wonder Woman-like costume and that looks like a fabulous frock coat next to it. The Hammond Ren Fest has some awesome costume and leather works shops. :). Thanks for sharing your photos! :)

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger Becky Pool said...

Laura! You must! They're so fun!

And thanks, Lea Ann! Aren't they just a blast?

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger Becky Pool said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home