<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Exploring Austin • Austin Marathon

The Pink Samurai

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Exploring Austin • Austin Marathon

So, a few weeks ago, my Aunt and Uncle ran in the Austin Marathon!  They rocked out the half-marathon and I went to cheer them on with my cousin.  We got up super early to see them off at the start, but the app we were using to track them was super slow...so we missed them.  Bummer!  But we set up camp at the finish line and had an awesome time cheering for everyone.
Our spot was right in front of the capitol...not a bad view.
"THERE'S BEER AT THE END!"  Everyone had such a great sense of humor and you could tell folks were having an amazing time.  Some definitely looked like they wanted to keel over and nap on the asphalt, and who could blame them?  I can't even imagine running 13 miles.  Also...did you know it was physically possible to run the full marathon in 2.5 hours?  I didn't!  
The crowd was energized and supportive of everyone there and I saw way more smiles from the runners than agony.  I mean really?!  How can you not have fun when these dudes are running with you?  I love Austin ^_^

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home