<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: 10 Random Facts

The Pink Samurai

Sunday, January 12, 2014

10 Random Facts

So, I usually feel weird about posting things like this.  I wonder who really cares about the random stuff about me.  But I always love reading them about other people, and Kaelah inspired me to just do it.  Because it's fun :P
  1. I've been a cat lady my whole life.  I grew up with three cats, one I rescued off the street when someone just threw her out the window of their truck on our street.  Don't worry, she was totally fine and lived a wonderful kitten life!  But yeah, I had cat curtains, cat sweaters...it was a whole thing even since I was little.
  2. I hate Easter grass with the flaming passion of a thousand suns.  It sticks to everything and you inevitably get a piece stuck to the bottom of your foot in the middle of November and it's the worst thing ever.
  3. I'm a recovering procrastinator.  It was so bad in school in that my dad had to help me catch like 50 bugs the night before a giant bug collection was due freshman year.  But by making lists every day of all I want to accomplish, I've been able to curb my desire to put everything off till the last minute.  I'm definitely not perfect...Buzzfeed still exists afterall.  But it's so much better and I feel a lot more at peace during the days because it's not a constant frenzy to get stuff done.
  4. I grind my teeth at night like a crazy person.  After I got my braces off, I had one of those plastic retainers and literally ground holes in it!  But I got a new, beefy retainer that acts more like a mouth guard than it does keeping my teeth straight haha.
  5. I have a love for chocolate that rivals Deanna Troi's.  I'm pretty sure we've got something chocolate in the house at all times.  My mom always said, it's not dessert if it's not chocolate.  A mantra to live by.
  6.  When I was 16, my family moved from Texas to Maryland.  It was one of the hardest times in my life.  Looking back, I wouldn't trade those years for anything and I think I'd be a totally different person if I'd stayed in Texas.  Having DC and Baltimore so close, it was incredible to experience those cities and grow up in such a diverse place.  Plus, I met my husband...so I'm eternally grateful for that move.
  7. As a teen in the 90s, my most favorite boy band was Hanson.  I was absolutely one of those girls with the t-shirts and a bedroom covered in posters.  I might still follow them and have all their albums :P It seems like people judge my taste in music when they find that out...but I'll always love them.  There's nothing I can do haha!
  8. Sometimes I measure how good a movie is by how many times it made me cry.  So far Return of the King is the best movie ever made.
  9. If there are tortilla chips in front of me, I will eat them till they're gone.  Especially if there's queso.  Baskets at restaurants...gone.  Open bag on the couch...whole thing gone in one sitting.  There's really no such thing as moderation when it comes to tortilla chips.  Now I really want some.
  10. Pink has aways been my favorite color.  I even rocked bright pink hair for 3 years.  I just think it's a fun color it makes me happy to see it ^_^

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM , Blogger Cassandra {Sleeping or Sewing} said...

It is nice to read things about other people. Especially when they talk about their quirky habits and obsessions. (sometimes thinking "oh thank god" I'm not the only one with weird likes or messy crafty areas) When I started my blog, a few years ago, I wondered who in the world would care or read about what I wrote. Then I was shocked when I started gaining readers from all over. I haven't written much in the last year and don't stalk the blogs I follow as often as I once did (because I no longer sit in front of a computer at work while doing non-work stuff), so I miss reading and writing. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home