<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Thrifty Thursday • Frock On Vintage

The Pink Samurai

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thrifty Thursday • Frock On Vintage




Frock On Vintage
address : 3016 Guadalupe Street, Ste. A101, Austin, Texas 78705
hours :  Tuesday - Saturday: 11pm - 7pm | Sunday & Monday: 12pm - 6pm



As I slowly work my way through all of the vintage and thrift shops in Austin, I keep finding these amazing gems that are totally different from every other shop I've visited.  This town continues to blow my mind with unique shops that have so much personality!  Frock On Vintage is another perfect example.  Located near the UT campus, they carry clothes, jewelry and accessories from the 70s to the 90s for men and women.  There were also a few older treasures in the mix.  Unlike some of the other vintage shops in town, Frock On offers in-house alterations Friday through Sunday and they also buy and trade vintage pieces.  Trading gets you 50% of the retail price in store credit and selling will get you 30% in cash.  They're not buying right now, but trades come in every day, which helps to keep the inventory fresh.

This shop has such a fun atmosphere and design that really showcases their selection.  Check out the photos to see what I mean!

The first thing I noticed when I walked in was how bright and colorful the shop was.  Natural light always makes a space so inviting to me.  Frock On's layout is easy to navigate, not too crowded, and they feature vignettes on top of every clothing rack to showcase accessories. 
Can we talk about these dresses for a moment?  There were a few other 50s and 60s floofy evening gowns hung up around the store and I wanted to keel over when I saw them.  How fabulous are they?!?!  Black and white polka dots with a comically large bow?!  Yes.  Yesyesyesyes.

Oh look, the fabulous dresses again! 
All the clothing is separated by type so it's easy to browse. Their jacket selection is is one of my favorites, with lots of different options ranging from denim to leather to puffy 70s coats.

When I stopped in, the owner Liz was up on a ladder cleaning and organizing the shelves.  Everything is purposefully arranged to show off the best features of each item on display.  The attention to detail is evident in every inch of the store.

Frock On has an eclectic selection of jewelry, too.  I noticed so many unique pieces that really differed from the typical clip-on earrings and gold brooches that show up in other shops.  There are still plenty of those, but this jewelry counter seemed a lot more modern than others.

Towards the back of the store, you'll find an extensive men's selection.  Tons of button downs and t-shirts along with a great display of leather jackets.  And if you're looking for vintage bow-ties, these guys have definitely got you covered. 


I adore Frock On Vintage.  The selection is fun and I imagine my closet will get a good refresh with their buy and trade offers!  Knowing that folks come in every day with new trades, makes me want to visit often to check out the ever-changing inventory.  And I've got a few vintage pieces that could benefit from alterations that are beyond my sewing skills to fix.  I think it's just brilliant to offer alterations at a vintage shop!  Frock On is definitely going to be added to my regular route.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home