<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Daily Drawing: 189 | Houston, As I Understand It

The Pink Samurai

Monday, July 08, 2013

Daily Drawing: 189 | Houston, As I Understand It

I've only driven through Houston at night before, so I was really not very familiar with the town until today.  I had a doctor's appointment there (3 hours away from Austin) and I made trip through rural towns and passed many a Sonic.  But when I got closer to Houston, it started to rain pretty hard, and the traffic started piling up while Siri hollered at me.  By the time I got to my destination, it was close to my appointment time (I hate being late), and I was stressed looking for the building.  Which you wouldn't think would be hard...but it turns out every hospital and medical center in Texas is on this one street in Houston.  I finally found the building, and finally found parking, and stepped in puddles and slipped in mud and got to the building.  After making a pit stop and cleaning the mud off my my feet, I asked Information where to go.  Making my way through the basement of this giant labyrinth of a building, I found the office!  But it was the wrong place and it turns out I had to go across the street.  Womp. Womp.

So getting there sucked.  And I was mad at Houston.  The stereotypes were true...it was a gross and frustrating place.  But!  It turns out the doctor I went to see, on the recommendation of the doctor who did my sinus surgery, was the best doctor I think I've ever had.  He didn't rush, he respected me and what I had to say, and explained everything thoroughly.  He was the best.  Houston gave me a silver lining to my icky day! So I won't complain (too much) about driving back there at the end of August for my follow up ^_^

This drawing is my "Houston Face".

This is part of my 365 project where I draw my outfits every day!  Check out my first post of the year for details!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:12 AM , Anonymous Jessica | Color Overboard said...

Aw, Sorry to hear about your day, but it is still really cool that you found a doctor you like. I make that face sometimes too! haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home