<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: @twitter

The Pink Samurai

Saturday, January 31, 2009

@twitter

I love Twitter. 

I just wanted to share who I follow, why I follow them and why I might not follow some.  Twitter is such a wonderful business tool and a great way to take a peek into someone else's life.  This is especially fun because there are tons of awesome people tweeting throughout the day!

Celebrities I follow:

Barack Obama - BarackObama
- Our President!  There was a lot more activity here before the election, but we are told updates will keep coming.

Henry Rollins - NotHenryRollins
- Pretty much the best.  We have all his books and albums and dvds.  I'm a huge fan and I think it's awesome that I can have a glimpse into his life.

Yoko Ono - yokoono
- She doesn't tweet very often, but when she does it's about her ImaginPeace movement.

Elijah Wood - elijahwood
- He doesn't tweet very often, but it's still fun to follow him.

William Shatner - WilliamShatner
- Oh Bill.  I will always be a fan.  Most of his tweets are in regard to appearances and his own talkshow.

LeVar Burton - levarburton
- I was probably the most excited about being able to follow him.  I went on a youtube crusade to find and watch all the Reading Rainbow I could ^_^

Brent Spiner - BrentSpiner
- LeVar Burton actually got him to twitter...how cool is that?!  Gordi & Data!  I had a huge geek out with this one.  Lot's of retweeting questions people have sent him, which is actually really nice. 

Wil Wheaton - wilw
- Gah!  Aside from being a Heroes party, there's a Star Trek convention tweeting too!  Wesley Crusher!  He's very active and has great updates on what he's up too.  Plus he's friends with everyone.

James Gunn - james_gunn
- Director of Scooby Doo (lol), Dawn of the Dead (Awesome) and Slither, among others, I'm his friend on myspace and he always great blogs.  He updates a lot and is absolutely hilarious!

John Cleese - JohnCleese
- The original Minister of Silly Walks himself.  Not as active as some, but his dry humor is wonderful.  Also talks about what's going on over the pond...I love when he comments on the media over there :)

- Um.  You just have to read to understand the appeal lol!

James Kyson Lee - jameskysonlee
- OMG Ando from Heroes! It's really a Heroes party on twitter, and he's one of my favorite characters.  I told my roommate, who is on as well, and she flipped out!  Monday's are a great night of all of us.

Greg Grunberg - greggrunberg
- Ok, so for years I called him Shaun, his character from Felicity, and he was in like every show I loved (hello Alias).  He was even in Lost for a minute!  Now he's the King of Heroes tweeting and posts great pics and links for all things Heroes and is huge advocate for Epilepsy.  

Brea Grant - breagrant
- aka Daphne the speedster/nemisis ^_^ got Grunny on twitter and created a monster lol! I heard about her twitter account when she made an appearance on Attack of the Show.  So much awesome in one place!

Joel McHale - joelmchale
- Doesn't ever update.  Ever.  But I like knowing that I'll catch it if he ever does.

John Hodgman -  hodgman
- He's PC in the Mac commercials and is a contributor to The Daily Show.  Also, he is very funny.

Paul F. Thomkins - Twitterkins
- Host of The Best Week Ever.  He's just hilarious!

Doug Benson - DougBenson
- Again with the hilarity.  When he gets together with Twitterkins up there, hilarity ensues.  They were both on Best Week Ever asking people to follow them lol.

Rainn Wilson - rainnwilson
- Very new to twitter and I'm looking forward to seeing more from him.  I can only guess it's going to be good.

Ed Brubaker - brubaker
- Comic book writer, I first got to know his work when he revived Catwoman for her own series.  His run was a amazing and I really wish he would have kept writing it! It got pretty awful without him...

Brian Wood - brianwood
- Another comic book writer.  He wrote Supermarket (one of my favorites), DMZ, Local, The Northlanders, Demo, The Couriers, Channel Zero.  They are all wonderful and really get your mind engaged, unlike a lot of the smash-pow-thwak kind of writing. Love it, read it.

Kristian Donaldson - prodigalnine
- Artist who drew, Supermarket, and for all you Etsy people out there, is a featured artist in TinyMeat's shop. (i won't hold it against you for purchasing that for me)

Felicia Day - feliciaday
- She is super popular on twitter too.  An actress and creator of the show Guild, she's always got something fun and geeky to say.

Diablo Cody - diablocody
- Creator of the movie Juno, she has cool stuff to say when she says it.  Unfortunately it's only in spurts.

Sarah Lane - sarahlane
- I was a fan of hers back in the good ol' days of Tech TV and the Screen Savers.  Those were the days!  She tweets a lot and it's always good.

Kevin Rose - kevinrose
- He is the winner of twitter.  Aside from Obama, he has the most followers.  He is the creator of digg...you can imagine that wasn't a bad idea ^_^ He tweets all throughout the day with fun tech things and pics and videos.

Olivia Munn - oliviamunn
- Olivia "Pie" Munn herself!  She was one of the first people I started to follow.  I love Attack of the Show, we watch it everyday and can't get enough!  She updates pretty regularly and she's so funny!

Kevin Pereira - kpereira
- The other host of Attack of the Show.  I love that he posts so many personal pictures, I think he really embodies why we are on twitter in the first place.

Chris Hardwick - nerdist
- Start the Nerdist revolution.  A regular on Attack of the Show, he was actually the host of that old MTV show Singled Out lol.  He's a regular tweeter and posts pictures too.  Love it.

Mike Phirman - phirm
- Chris's partner in crime, they both form the comedy group Hard 'n Phirm.  Check out their newest video...Trace Elements.  LOL!  I love them!




Aside from all the cool celebrities, there are some great Etsy people tweeting too.

We have a whole team of tweeters!  The Etsy Twitter Team Blog has a feed of tweets from members and featured shops.  It's a great way to stay connected!  There are tons of people in it and here are some more That tweet their hearts out:



I think that's more than enough for one post.  I'll be adding more on the twitter front...etiquette...why i won't follow you...things like that.  Until then, I hope you find some new people to follow and you enjoy them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home