<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Zombies Ate My Cross Stitch

The Pink Samurai

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Zombies Ate My Cross Stitch

So the cross stitch thing is actually working out pretty good. I just sold my first project, "Zombies At My Cross Stitch." It was one of the zombies from the amazing SNES game Zombies At My Neighbors lol! It was actually the first real cross stitch project I did. That made me happy.
I've been focusing more to the videogame demographic actually. I just think it's hilarious to see these inside gamer jokes in a classic cross stitch. It makes me giggle on the inside. In lue of that, I just started a new project. I really wanted to do a typical cross stitch sampler. Like the goofy country ones that say something sweet about home and god and herbs and all that jazz. Instead of the hokey country apples with happy worms coming out though, I wanted that whole gamer thing. So I came up with this:



I just started on it...and it's a bitch. Throughout my crafting excapades, I've figured something out about myself. Apparently, when I make something up original, I have to make it the most difficult thing I've ever done. It's all subconsious to some degree, but it pisses me off when I get into it and realize how hard it is. ie: I've been working on this for last 2 days and have gotten this far:


If you can't tell...those are Tetris pieces. Yeah, awesome, i know! But each little piece and color are just far enough apart that it can't be easy. Here's a crappy close-up:


I've got to go back and outline all the pieces too once the border is done. It will be awesome when it's done tho. I'm thinking about selling the pattern. I'm definatly selling this when I'm done (I'm having a hard time figuring out how much to charge >_<). Selling the pattern might be pretty cool. There's a couple more that I've done that would make great patterns. I'll need help figuring all that out too. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home