<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Engaged!

The Pink Samurai

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Engaged!

So Andy and I took a trip to Texas in the beginning of May. It was the first time he'd really visited (not counting driving through on a road trip from Albuquerque to DC) and my first real vacation in a few years. I wanted to show him where I grew up and give him more of insight as to why I am the way that I am. I'm a full blooded Texan and I love my home state so hard! I even got a giant tattoo while we were there...but that's for another post ^_^

At the end of one of my favorite days there, we hiked up Mount Baldy in Woodcreek so I could show him the most gorgeous view of the Texas Hill Country. The most beautiful place on Earth, imo. We went up at sunset and were all by ourselves (after the German family that was in front of us on the way up had me take a picture haha) and it was just perfect.


On the way up. I use the term "hike" loosely since there were stairs.



Checkin' out the view...



The sun started to set behind the Mount Baldy's twin sister.



There were chalk rocks everywhere, so I drew a Pnut ^_^


Ok! So here's where it gets serious. We were sitting on the rocks and just watching the sun set over miles and miles of Hill Country, just taking it all in and being so glad that we were right there. And then Andy asks me to stand up. We were standing there and he told me how much he loved me and asked me to marry him! He said he didn't have the ring yet, but he took out the pen that he's always got in his pocket and drew a ring on my finger.


My first engagement ring! He kept a sharpie with him every day till my real ring came, just in case it washed off.



Our first picture as fiances!



And this was the view before we hiked back down.


It was such a wonderful day, full of so much fun and food and exploration (more stories and pictures to come) and it's just been typical to every day we spend together. I've never had so much fun before and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. BTW, we're going to look at a potential venue on Sunday! So exciting!


^_^

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:08 PM , Anonymous Isabella said...

Congratulations!!!!! Thats awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home