<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: DIY Packaging

The Pink Samurai

Saturday, January 30, 2010

DIY Packaging

Hey! I decided to show you guys how I do my packaging. I need to add a picture of the final result in my listings on Etsy, I think it might help. But here you go!

I designed my hangtags in Adobe Illustrator. I measured the bags that I use, figured out how much space I needed for the front and back and positioned as many as I could onto one page. I use a presentation paper so it has a little bit more weight and looks a little sharper. Don't forget to flip the back! You'll be folding it over.
Then I cut them out. I've got a small paper cutter, but a ruler and an Exacto knife work just as well. I just eyeball it when cutting, just make sure that the sides are even.
Then I fold and staple! I use a bone folder, just because I have one. The side of pen will work fine, too. I like to make sure the fold is nice and sharp, it just looks better that way. Then I put the pins in and use two staples.
And tada! Sorry for the language ^_^ This particular order was a little larger so I put all the buttons in one package. Usually there's just a couple.

I don't know if that helps anyone, I just felt sharing. And if anyone needs some design work done, packaging or anything, I'd love to talk!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:08 PM , Blogger Sandee said...

Wow you are so creative and thank you for sharing with us.

 
At 5:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

SUPER cute! I love them! awesome tutorial.

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger JanetDavies said...

Excellent Tutorial! Thanks very much!

 
At 10:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi guys so happy to be between you yayaay love the blog soo much ^^

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Cami said...

They look great!! So professional!

 
At 6:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
Companies House Webcheck
Webcheck Companies House

[url=http://perosnalbinking.v3host.be/companies-house-webcheck.html]companies house webcheck service[/url]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home